5 tips to lower your utilities for the upcoming winter months!
Utilities have been trending higher and higher over the past few months and with Boston's older inventory people will be losing a lot of residual heat due to poor insulation. I'll also try giving a few general tips for any new folks here in New England for the first time.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the winter months:
- If you haven't already, get yourself a shovel because you'll need it! While some owners do everything they can to handle snow removal, plowing services can be fairly unreliable, so don't be afraid to take matters into your own hands.
- Via Home Depot or Amazon, you should be able to find plastic film for the windows. It sucks that you won't be able to open the windows for air circulation, but you'll be happy with solid savings over the winter months. To put this in perspective, last year we had a client receiving bills roughly around $400+/month. When they insulated the windows, they dropped their bill to around $200-$250 per month.
- Don't let the winter months stop you! Get yourself some snow tires dress warmly and keep striving towards your goals :)
- Post big snowstorms you'll see chairs reserving parking spots shoveled out throughout the city. These chairs are there for a reason! If you didn't shovel the spot, I highly recommend finding somewhere else to park or your car might not be in the best shape the next morning.
- Lastly, if you have pets, be wary of the salt used by the owner. Some salts can be harmful to your pets, so you might want to ask them to use something pet friendly or maybe provide them with the salt you'd like for them to use.
Don't forget to leave a like and comment for more blog posts like this!